Skincare is a constantly evolving field, and we’re always looking for the next best thing. We use a variety of cosmetic dermatological treatments, including creams, cleansers, needles, and more. Even so, there is one that appears to be the winner. The most fantastic technique to improve the appearance and feel of your skin is dermaplaning.
If you despise your “peach fuzz” facial hair, it may be advisable to reassess dermaplaning as a treatment option. According to the experts, this is a relatively new procedure intended to remove dead skin cells from the face and extra facial hair. Patients are pleased with the results of this two-in-one treatment.
What Is the Dermaplaning Treatment?
Although it is not a new skincare method, using dermaplaning by celebrities and models has helped it acquire popularity in recent years. The dermaplaning process is a procedure you should be familiar with, whether you learned about it through a beauty magazine or from a close friend who shared their latest skincare secret.
Dermaplaning is a quick and painless technique that removes the outermost layers of skin from the face. You can reduce fine wrinkles and acne scars with the Dermaplaning method. The skin’s surface will become smoother when the procedure is completed. As long as the procedure is carried out by a trained professional, most people are safe. The ultimate goal is to make the skin’s surface smooth, fresh, and luminous in appearance. Deep acne scars and uneven skin pigmentation are removed with this treatment. It is also possible to use dermaplaning to get rid of “peach fuzz,” which are short, soft hairs that appear on the skin of the face.
What Dermaplaning Can Do for Your Skin
- Removes Impurities From the Skin’s Surface – Acne outbreaks and the loss of a healthy radiance are often caused by pollutants on our skin. Deep exfoliation is the goal of dermaplaning. The epidermis, or the outermost layer of skin, is wiped clean using a dermaplaning razor in a quick, circular motion. The skin appears instantaneously brighter and smoother when the debris has been removed.
- Wrinkles and Fine Lines Are Reduced – Dermaplaning has the unique ability to turn back the clock. Dermaplaning’s intense exfoliation aids collagen formation while also bringing a new batch of elastin to the surface. Collagen is a naturally occurring substance that functions as a protein-building ingredient. It may be present in almost every area of our body, particularly the skin. Collagen will rush to the area when the skin is wounded, no matter how minor, to speed up the recovery process and build new skin. Dermaplaning is an example of this. After scraping the skin, collagen rushes to the treatment region, forming new, firmer skin with fewer wrinkles and fine creases.
- Removes Acne Scars – Acne scars and black spots on our faces are unavoidably the results of years of acne development. You can reduce them in appearance with the use of dermaplaning. Dermaplaning, as previously said, aids in the infusion of collagen into the facial tissues, hence rebuilding and repairing the skin. In addition to reducing fine lines and wrinkles, it also regenerates new skin with no scars.
- Hair Reduction – Humans, like other mammals, possess vellus hair on their faces. Vellus hair is sometimes known as “peach fuzz” because of its fuzzy appearance. Peach fuzz is the delicate and fine hairs that appear on our chins and around our lips as we age. Using a quick scraping motion and the razor’s sharp edge, peach fuzz can be readily removed, revealing smooth, hair-free skin underneath.
- Skin Brightening – With dermaplaning, you can get rid of dead skin cells on your face that have died or become damaged, something that washing your face with soap and water cannot accomplish. Our skin can appear lifeless and dull because of these dreary cells. New, lively ones will replace the old cells once removed, giving our look a fresh start in life. You’ll have a clean canvas when applying cosmetics and a dependable skincare regimen, thanks to your new, supple skin.
How Does Dermaplaning Feel on the Skin?
The sensation of dermaplaning is similar to that of shaving. If it is done correctly, you should be able to feel it, but it should not be painful. Choosing a qualified service provider is essential in this situation. To get a comfortable experience, dermaplaning should only feel like a light scrape across your skin.
Am I a Good Candidate for the Dermaplaning Treatment?
Dermaplaning is entirely safe for all skin types, textures, and tones since it does not require any chemicals or laser treatment, which could irritate some people. Anyone with susceptible skin or acne that cannot receive other chemical-based facial procedures can benefit from the dermaplaning method without fear of harming their skin. Dermaplaning may be the option if you wish to remove undesirable villus hair, lessen fine lines and wrinkles, remove dead skin, or avoid oil build-up on your face.
Is There Downtime After a Dermaplaning Session?
Dermaplaning takes so little time that you may book an appointment over your lunch break. There is no need to schedule any downtime after a Dermaplaning session. You may notice redness or the sensation that your skin is being scratched for the first 2-3 days following the treatment.
How Often Can I Have a Dermaplaning Session?
Dermaplaning can be done every 3-4 weeks, depending on your skin type. Because the treatment eliminates around 21 days’ worth of dead skin, it is necessary to allow your skin to recover following the procedure.
We advise against putting on makeup just after dermaplaning to allow your skin to breathe. The use of makeup may damage your newly acquired baby-soft skin. To assist your skin in “relaxing” and maintaining moisture, you should use a hyaluronic acid mask or moisturizing lotion. We recommend using a mild sunscreen with at least SPF 30 after having your skin dermaplaned. Your skin should be pretty sensitive to the sun following the procedure.
Schedule Your Dermaplaning Session Now!
Contact us at SkyRose Rejuvenation Clinic & Spa in Illinois if you’re ready to get rid of your unwanted peach fuzz and get a baby-soft complexion with a dermaplaning treatment. We’ll be happy to help you. Our highly qualified staff and clinicians will be more than delighted to answer you and offer you additional information if you have any queries.